the links located along the left margin of each page to navigate
the site. These links will take you to the specified page regardless
of where you select that link from.
Home- will return
you to this opening page
Species- a list
of wildlife species with a history of potential human-wildlife
conflict that are common to Virginia. Select any species to learn
a selected listing of state and federal laws relevant to wildlife
- how to correctly identify the species,
- the life history of the species.( i.e., what they eat, where
- the laws and regulations that protect or guide the management
of that species in Virginia and across the nation,
- the management options available to reduce conflicts with
that species, and
- potential transmissible diseases of concern to humans associated
with that species.
a comprehensive list of web links used in this web site.
an overview of transmissible diseases of potential concern to
humans from birds, mammals, and reptiles.
a quick resource of management options for each problematic
Who to Call-
a listing of agencies and private businesses in Virginia
that can help with your problematic wild animal concerns.